The process of technical recruiting can be particularly frustrating for non-technical founders. Between the competition for quality talent, difficulty determining skill level, and demands for six figure salaries, hiring can seem daunting, especially when you aren’t sure what to look for. This class will review how to source, recruit, and retain technical talent, even without expert knowledge.
During the first 60 minutes I will cover:
- Determining the right time to recruit
- Sourcing candidates
- Deciphering the distinctions between technical roles and specializations
- Format of interview and cover some sample questions to gauge the skill level of a candidate
- Negotiating an offer
During the final 30 minutes we will break out into groups, and I will have students practice the following:
- Introducing their business to potential candidates
- Conveying the needs and vision of their organization
- Asking interview questions to gauge the skill level of a candidate
Poornima Vijayashanker was the founding engineer at Mint.com and is the founder of BizeeBee.com. Over the past 6 years she has conducted over 100+ interviews for her startups, and has helped startup founders recruit candidates from interns to VP of engineer level positions. You can learn more about technical recruiting on her blog femgineer.com.
This class hasn't been reviewed yet.