Being able to communicate effectively means being able to lead.
In this class, you will learn all the basics about effective communication in a start-up.
Effective communication skills in business can be applied for the purposes of
1) IDEAS (20 min): We will cover some communications basics like how to identify your audience, understand their expectations, articulate what you are trying to get them to learn or remember, and how you want them to feel when you’re done.
2) TIPS (20 min): I will share practical ways you can communicate effectively in different scenarios. Communicating effectively means thinking through the implications of what you are saying and adjusting your message to the person or group you’re speaking to in order to achieve your desired outcome.
3) DISCUSS (20 min): This will be a group discussion and everyone is encouraged to supply examples of novel successful communications strategies or sticky situations they didn’t know how to get out of.
4) BREAK (10 min): Everyone will have some time to think or work on their own, process some of these ideas, apply them to their own work, think through specific problems they have had, work with me individually on an issue, grab a snack at one of the food vendors in the market, or go to the bathroom.
5) TAKEAWAY & GROUP THOUGHTS (20 min): Being able to communicate effectively means being able to lead.
The goal by the end of the course will be to feel confident that no matter what situation comes up, you can figure out the best way to communicate your message effectively.
Printed resources and tips will be provided at the conclusion of the class.
Edupreneur and Freelance Consultant
My communication skills and experiences have been honed by