You've set up your Etsy shop and listed some items. You've written brilliant descriptions and taken awesome photos. Now what? How can you get the word out about your amazing handmade items?
This is a workshop designed to help artists and craftspeople to improve their business and marketing capacity, providing a more in-depth look at the use of Etsy.com and other media for marketing and selling artwork and handmade items. The workshop will cover:
- A more in-depth look at Etsy, focusing on available marketing opportunities - teams, treasuries, search ads, coupon codes - how does it all work?
- A look at how to improve SEO (Search Engine Optimization) for your shop
- Blogging and how artists use blogs to share their story and promote their work
- Using social media to market your work - a look at Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Flickr, and other social networking sites
- Where to find help and resources
The format of this class can be modified to suit the needs of the students. More advanced groups might like to spend more time asking in-depth questions and receiving personalized shop critiques from Christine or engaging in a group critique session. We can all learn from each other!
Christine Claringbold is an artist, a teacher, a mom, and a backup singer in the punk rock band Dartgun and the Vignettes
. She launched Eye Pop Art
in 2003, featuring psychedelic, geometric mandala art, home decor, jewelry, and accessories handmade from recycled vinyl records.
Christine lives in Southeast Portland with her husband and two teenage kids. She loves to read good books, listen to good music, and collect vintage psychedelic coffee cups. Her professional experience includes 6 years as the program coordinator for the nonprofit organization Trillium Artisans, and many years teaching classes through local schools, SUN programs, and art studios. She is equally happy leading a mandala workshop for middle school kids, or teaching a group of adults about how to sell handmade items on Etsy.