Looking to create a basic website but don’t know where to begin? Avoid all the technical and costly set-ups by creating your own using a WordPress Blog.
The purpose of this class is to help you set up a basic WordPress website site and teach you the basics to maneuver through your site so you can maintain it on your own.
The kinds of sites you can create: Personal, Small Business, and Events
At the end of the class you will have:
You should bring to this workshop:
- A 1-3 page basic site for yourself or a friend
- Your own web address (http://www.younamehere.wordpress.com) or a custom name for a fee
- Your own custom email (Yourname@yournamehere.com) for a fee
1. This Class is for Beginners
2. This class is for WordPress.com NOT WordPress.org.
- Your Computer / Laptop
- Have pictures and text ready to upload. For example, if you are a small business have an “about me” section pre-typed, if you are working on a personal page have pictures or stories you want to share, have them ready on your laptop to be uploaded.
- An available web address or a credit card to purchase if you would like me to walk you through purchasing your web address, email and assigning it to your webpage. (Approx. $15.00 for the web address and $12.00 to connect it to your free WordPress.com website) Please note it is not required to purchase your own web address for this class.
If you are looking for loads of customization and plugins then the self-hosted WordPress.org may be for you but not this class.