Have a digital camera but not sure what to do with all those photos you’ve taken? Think ‘white balance’ is something the US Census keeps track of? Or maybe you want to completely change the look and feel of your photos quickly and easily. This class is an introduction to editing in the digital darkroom with Adobe LIghtroom 4 and Adobe Photoshop CS6.
You'll learn how to wrangle and organize your photos, edit them to reach their full potential and easlly publish them to the web.
- Digital asset management and file types, including the differences between RAW and JPG
- Using Lightroom to import and organize your photos
- Automating repetitive tasks in Lightroom
- Publishing photos to Facebook, Flickr and other services and creating a website gallery.
- What are all these sliders? Introduction to histograms, curves, white balance and other adjustments.
- Black and white conversions and develop presets
- Overview of noise reduction and sharpening
- Using Lightroom and Photoshop together
- Using layers and masks in Photoshop
A notebook computer (Mac or PC) with the following software installed*
At least 5 photos you'd like to edit, in JPG or RAW format
Basic understanding of photography and be familiar with computers!
*If you need help installing and activating the software, just e-mail me at email@example.com
This class is for people who are familiar with photography and computers. If you know what aperture means, understand exposure and are comfortable using Gmail, you'll be just fine. Ideally, you've used a program like iPhoto and want an introduction to more powerful software.
This class is not for beginners to photography or computers.
Additionally, this class is focused on Lightroom and only a few functions of Photoshop will be covered.