Hi all, if I hit 5 watchers, I'll teach this class for $5-10 per person. I just want to make sure there's interest before I reserve space for the class.
Coming up with that once-in-a-lifetime great idea is phenomenal. But, how do you protect it? Patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets? Maybe you know a little something, but you're not totally comfortable navigating around these categories. I can break all of these topics down into simple, bite-sized, easily understandable nuggets that you can take with you to your own company.
Whether you're neck-deep in startup world, owned a small business for several years, or just started thinking about your great idea, this class will give you the fundamentals (and then a little extra) to get you cognizant and thinking about using IP to your advantage.
In this class, we'll go over the following:
* What are patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, and everything in between?
* How can you protect your company using these forms of intellectual property?
* How to use online databases to search for already-existing trademarks, patents, etc.
* How to utilize these forms of protection without breaking the bank.
* What's the best way to name a company or product?
* What happens if someone is copying my company's product/name/idea/invention/widget?!
* When should I hire an attorney?
* Recent developments in the law.
I'll pause throughout the talk for questions and I encourage anyone to ask questions on points that are unclear.
Have questions about the above or want me to talk about something not listed above? Comment below and I'll see if/how I can fit it in.
IP Att'y, Sustainability Believer, Problem Solver.
I am an attorney admitted to practice in New York. I previously practice at Bryan Cave LLP, an Am Law 100 international law firm in New York City, in the firm's intellectual property group where I focused on patent, trademark, and copyright matters for clients from Fortune 500 companies to small tec... view full bio