I will teach you how to prepare for your first marathon or half-marathon and, no, not the Real Housewives of New York City kind. We'll cover the following topics to have you excited
come race day, rather than jittery and frightened to death:
- Food and nutrition. What foods to consume and avoid during training, then, what stuff to load up on as race day approaches.
- Running and overall training. You'll learn tips on mileage, good running paths, alternative workouts, tapering and injury prevention.
- Online tools and technology to manage your daily, weekly and monthly routine. Good apps, websites and spreadsheets can be a major asset.
- Mastering the mental and psychological side of it. Sometimes, you'll want to hit up happy hour or brunch with friends when you should be doing your 10 mile run, so, we'll cover the strategies to maintain that willpower and eye on the 26.2 prize.
- Other things like gear, shoes, energy drinks, not smelling funky at work and non-subtle ways to make fun of your non-marathon training friends.