Insider's guide for finding the right office, loft or showroom space in Manhattan and negotiating favorable business and lease terms. Taught by Alan Rosinsky, Principal Broker of Metro Manhattan Office Space, Inc. Alan Rosinsky has been representing Manhattan commercial tenants for more than ten years and has negotiated approximately 100 commercial leases.
Finding the right commercial space in Manhattan is a challenge: vacancy rates are low, rents are high, good spaces attract multiple offers and landlords are selective about the tenants they accept.
This course will teach you about the commercial real estate acquisition process for leased office, loft, showroom or retail space. The following topics will be covered:
1. How much Square Footage does your company require? The difference between Rentable Square Footage & Useable Square Footage and what is a "loss factor".
2. Manhattan office space rates. How much you should expect to pay per Square Foot in different New York City business neighborhoods.
3. What charges beyond commercial rent are you liable for? How do Manhattan commercial leases address energy costs (electricity) annual escalations, real estate taxes and pass thrus for water sprinkler and guard charges? How to minimize liability for these expenses.
4. How government real estate incentive programs in Lower Manhattan can substantially reduce your rent bill. How to take advantage of the REAP and CRP incentive programs.
5. How to get the most out of your commercial realtor. How to work with your real estate brokerage firm to find the best space and negotiate the best deal.
6. What start ups need to know: how to position your firm to the landlord to reduce security deposit requirements.
Alan Rosinsky is the Principal Broker of Metro Manhattan Office Space, Inc. and has been helping commercial tenants find office and loft space in Manhattan for over ten years.
Alan Rosinsky has helped start ups, technology firms, medical practices, law firms art galleries and many other tenants find the right New York City office space.
Get an insiders view of the Manhattan commercial real estate market.
Mon, Oct 22nd, 2012
6:30 pm – 8:00 pm EDT