You've got an idea to change the world and are developing tech to make it happen - but where should your new venture live?
This class, geared at digital entrepreneurs, app developers, and tech-savvy changemakers, covers nonprofit and profit-with-purpose structures for socially-minded startups that want to stay nimble, grow quickly, and position themselves for maximum impact.
This will be an interactive session with plenty of opportunity for discussion and Q&A.
Some of the topics covered:
- For profit or nonprofit? What are the pros and cons of the different organizational structures and how hard are they to start?
- What are your legal duties to investors, stakeholders, and the public? How does this affect your ability to prioritize social good over profit?
- Who owns intellectual property created in each kind of organization and what does this mean for your long-term success?
- How can you use crowdfunding to launch your new venture?
- What are the rules on internet, mobile, and digital advocacy? How can you maximize your ability to create change?