Oftentimes we respond to tricky questions or aggressive situations by freezing up, getting defensive, or shooting out a list of facts that does not connect with our audience or our mission.
Learn the techniques that will help you speak confidently about what you do in order to:
1. Help people connect to your beliefs and values;
2. Not play into a framework others have created;
3. And, ultimately, further your cause, business goals, or professional development.
In one class, I will help you demystify the communications techniques that make politicians, executive directors, and spokespeople effective at gaining support.
√ General Do’s and Don’ts every speaker should know
√ Crafting the perfect message
√ Ways of speaking to win over critics and skeptics
√ How to articulate your worldview and why it’s important for success
The format of this session will be workshop-based. You can expect to take part in:
1. A segmented lecture discussing the topics above
2. In-class discussions to help you understand key points
3. Group exercises to make you comfortable with skills immediately
All students must have something they believe in and be willing to talk about, as your cause or mission will be the focus of our in-class discussion and group exercises.
Marketing & Communications Strategist
My desire to master communications skills stems from my understanding that being socially conscious or well-educated doesn’t matter if you cannot share your beliefs and understanding with others. I’ve learned that effective communication allows people to further their cause; whether it’s a soci... view full bio